[lazarus] Very interesting

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Thu Mar 23 13:00:51 EST 2000

Florian Klaempfl wrote:

> > It is my fear as well...
>
> Why? Then we've no real competition for FPC :) :) :)

Because it will lower our user base. If current Windows developers can
just write for Windows build their application and then copy it over to
Linux to run in Wine they will never even WANT a real Linux development
environment.

Secondly it will hurt some of the Open Source movement because the
developer will not open his Windows source. While this will not
completely hurt the Linux movement it will slow it down. If Delphi is
made to easily work in Wine Visual Basic will not be far behind and that
would slow things down more.  IMHO.