[lazarus] LFM / XML

Andrew Bednarz ajb at amc.com.au
Wed May 3 03:15:43 EDT 2000

At 11:37 PM 2/05/00 -0700, you wrote:

>There won't really be any designer form, we will just "teach" control to
>respond to "clicks" differently depending if they are being designed or
>not.. (with just a little bit of coding in TWinControl and TForm)

         it should be done at a higher level than TWinControl shouldn't it?
In the VCL it is done at TComponent level

*Delphi Help Snippit*
TComponent is the common ancestor of all VCL components

VCL components are persistent objects that have the following capabilities:

The ability to appear on Component palette and be manipulated in the form
designer.
The ability to own and manage other components.

Do not create instances of TComponent. Use TComponent as a base class when
declaring non-visual components that can appear on the component palette
and be used in the form designer. Properties and methods of TComponent
provide basic behavior that descendant classes inherit as well as behavior
that components can override to customize their behavior.
*End Snippit*

The code should just be required in TComponent - and thereby inherently
handled properly by any other component (TButton) or container (TForm)

AMC Enterprises P/L    - Andrew Bednarz
First Floor            - Senior Programmer
3 Chesterville Rd      - ajb at amc.com.au
Cheltenham Vic 3192    - Ph:  (03) 9584-2700
http://www.amc.com.au/ - Fax: (03) 9584-2755