[lazarus] Can someone help?

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Wed May 3 12:02:36 EDT 2000

To design a form, just look at the examples directory.  The basics are

TForm1 = class(TForm)
   Button1 : TButton;
private
  Procedure Button1Click(Sender : TObject);
public
constructor Create(AOwner : TComponent);
end;

var
Form1 : TForm;
implementation

Constructor TForm1.Create(AOwner: TComponent);
begin
inherited Create(AOwner);
   Button1 := TButton.Create;
   with Button1 do
    Begin
       parent := Self;  //set to the form
       Caption := 'Test Button';
       Visible := True;
       OnClick := @Button1Click;
    end;
end;

Procedure TForm1.Button1Click(sender : Tobject);
Begin
Form1.Caption := 'Button Clicked';

End;

To create a new form is easy because you don't need to assign the parent and such because technocally there isn't one.  You do have to call it's create but that's usually done in the Application.CreateForm(..) procedure....

This help any?

Shane

>>> moodcon at pacbell.net 05/03/00 09:22AM >>>
Hi Marc,

I followed your suggestion, and now fpc doesn't complain about not being
able to find units. Now I just need to figure out how to correctly tell it
how to design a form :-)

Chris