Using Assert for Trace statements (was: [lazarus] Lazarus Pascal code)

Marc Weustink weus at quicknet.nl
Wed May 3 15:41:19 EDT 2000

At 20:11 03-05-2000 +0200, Vincent Snijders wrote:
> > Remove 2 lines or paste "Assert(False, " over an "WriteLn("
>I could do just that. It sounds easier than solving the repainting problem
>on win32.

Eehhh... it is not as easy as it sounds some of them should be removed,
some of them should be moved to asserts.

>Tell me if it is apreciated or is there something else more urgent.

Maybe.... I dont know if others have more urgent things (haven't done
direct lazarus code directly).
Just an idea, write an app/form (or apps) to test all our components. At
least I don't know the status of all components. With the latest changes
not all controls behave as they should (missing events and stuff).
Starting with this you will find thing to fix.

Marc