[lazarus] Delphi incompatibility

Andrew Bednarz ajb at amc.com.au
Fri May 5 00:53:28 EDT 2000

At 09:43 PM 4/05/00 -0700, you wrote:

>The problem with trying to keep them as Delphi has them is that Borland could
>change at any time and then we would also need to change the LCL in order to
>remain compatible. This could cause us a lot of problems. If we have our own
>naming scheme, then we are in control of when it changes. Then it is just a
>matter of mapping our units to the Borland units somehow.  This mapping could
>be done in properties, a config file, XML or something that is easier to
>change.

         I agree with this. As long as there is some way of mapping units
(ie remaining
unit compatability with exisiting delphi prorgam) then there is no issue here..

AMC Enterprises P/L    - Andrew Bednarz
First Floor            - Senior Programmer
3 Chesterville Rd      - ajb at amc.com.au
Cheltenham Vic 3192    - Ph:  (03) 9584-2700
http://www.amc.com.au/ - Fax: (03) 9584-2755