[lazarus] Delphi incompatibility

Kevin Berry kevinbe71 at yahoo.com
Fri May 12 13:45:07 EDT 2000

Good points.  I was envisaging a scenario where you
work hand-in-hand with Delphi and Lazarus.  In the C++
realm people sometimes use one C++ compiler for one
bit of an application and another for a different part
of the app.  You can pick and choose.  Of course, that
doesn't usually extend to the GUI...

I agree that where improvements can be made they
should be made.  Borland is obviously going to have to
make changes to Delphi as we know it for Kylix and I'm
sure the VCL will look quite different.  We obviously
can't foresee the changes they're going to make
either, so Delphi-compatibility is probably less
important when you get down the finer details anyway.

Cheers,
Kevin.