[lazarus] Lazarus Object Documentation

Robert Scott Horning roberth at ise-tlx.com
Fri May 19 10:49:24 EDT 2000

Hello...

    I'm new to this mailing list, but I'm a long-time Pascal/Delphi
developer (about 15+ years with Pascal, and about 4+ for Delphi) and I'd
like to pitch in a little bit with Lazarus to try and help get it going.

    Before I start jumping in with some new components, I need to get a
little better aquatinted with the existing code anyway.  What I'd like
to do is try and start a "Lazarus" documentation effort for each one of
the objects in a manner similar to the Borland help documentation, but
with some much better examples and explanations for the properties,
methods, and events.  I would envision this as a series of web pages,
but I'd like to also know who else is also working on anything even
remotely like what I'm discussing.  I know that this is somewhat
automated by pulling stuff from the unit files themselves, but this is
also limiting because the cross-links aren't usually present and
sometimes the explanations are not quite as well done as they could be.

--
Robert Scott Horning
Trans-Lux West
E-mail:  roberth at ise-tlx.com