[lazarus] Lazarus Object Documentation

Robert Scott Horning roberth at ise-tlx.com
Fri May 19 18:27:33 EDT 2000

"Michael A. Hess" wrote:

> My 2 cents.
>
> I would like to see us continue with PasDoc if at all possible.
> Currently we are one of the major users of PasDoc. So that being the
> case if we need a feature it is an easy matter to ask the developer and
> he adds it. Currently it provides HTML and LaTex output. It would be
> great if we could get XML output. Then we could manipulate and combine
> that into a real manual at some later date.

<Snipped>

> --
> ==== Programming my first best destiny! ====
>
> Michael A. Hess      Miracle Concepts, Inc.
> mhess at miraclec.com   http://www.miraclec.com

I think some very basic items which would be useful to programmers should be
in the source code itself, such as a brief description of each method (in
the method header) and a one sentence description of each parameter.  More
verbose descriptions should be available in the external files, as well as
example code snippets and longer explanations for some objects (like what is
a TStream and when should you use one.  Oh, you've never used a TStream?
Well here are some good examples... ect.)

Any other ideas?

--
Robert Scott Horning
Trans-Lux West