[lazarus] cannot build on Win NT / ME / 98

Nirendra Maharaj nirendra.maharaj at eonetwork.com
Sun Nov 5 15:27:46 EST 2000

I have got Lazarus to compile without such complicated
measures :-)

Maybe it's my PC? God knows, it's behaved strangely before, but
never in a good way :-)

Here is what I did, as far as I can remember.

1.	I added the following lines to FP.CFG. Not just to compile
	Lazarus, I was attempting to make the sockets example, and
	it just didn't seem to want to work....

 -Fuc:\Progs\pp\units\$TARGET\rtl
 -Fuc:\Progs\pp\units\$TARGET\fcl
 -Fuc:\Procs\pp\units\$TARGET\api
 -Fuc:\Progs\pp\units\$TARGET\paszlib
 -Fic:\Progs\pp\source\$TARGET\fcl\inc
 -Fic:\Progs\pp\source\$TARGET\rtl\inc
 -Fic:\Progs\pp\source\$TARGET\api\inc

2.	I extracted lazarus to the FP directory (C:\Progs\pp on my
	machine). It ended up in a directory of its own called
	'lazarus'.

3.	I copied the entire contents of the directory
	(C:\Progs\PP)\source\fcl\xml to the 'lazarus' directory.
	All the files except 'Makefile' and 'makefile.fpc' that is.

4.	I ran make in the 'lazarus' directory, and it gave a lot of
	hints which scrolled by far too fast for me to read, but,
	amazingly, it compiled!!!

I cannot think of anything extra I may have done. Who knows why it
worked. Best of luck with this attempted solution :-)

One comment: As mentioned, the interface was really flickering a
lot, and controls kept disappearing when I resized things.