[lazarus] cannot build on Win NT / ME / 98

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Sun Nov 5 16:10:22 EST 2000

"Mario Fietz, DL4MFM" wrote:

<snip of process>

> copied all back to the win nt pc and compiled again, success.

I really don't know what is going on with your PC but I had not such
problems. I work mainly on the Linux version so I had to do a complete
install to try to find your Win32 problem. I downloaded the FPC 1.0.2
Win32 full install. Then I installed it sans the source code. Then I did
a checkout from CVS of Lazarus. So I had Win32 in '\pp\....' and the
Lazarus code in '\lazarus\....'.

Instead of adding the directory to my PATH statement in my autoexec.bat
I just made a .bat file that first does.

SET PATH=d:\pp\bin\win32\;%PATH%
make %1

This sets the path information for that session. (I hate having to
reboot due to autoexec changes.) Besides this avoids a conflict with
Delphi's 'make' and another 'make' I have.

I built the lcl

I built the components

During the IDE build I got the XMLCFG error. I realized that the units
were missing. I installed the source for the FCL and ran make in the
'\pp\source\fcl\xml' directory. Then I copied the build .ow and .ppw
files, which were placed in the '\pp\source\fcl\win32\' directory, in to
the '\pp\units\win32\fcl\'.

I again did a make for the IDE and it build correctly.

That is all there should be to it and it should be as simple as that.

Now with the URL to the prebuilt XML units I provided you should just
need to to the FPC install, copy the XML units and then build Lazarus.

Now as the working and functionality of Lazarus that is another issue
and why we need volunteers to help.   :-)