[lazarus] Object Inspector Grid - PROBLEM FIGURED OUT

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Sat Nov 18 20:05:37 EST 2000

I didn't have

{$H+}

in the abstractformeditor definition file so one was sending an ansistring.....

Shane

>>> SMiller1 at stvgb.org 11/18/00 06:10PM >>>
OK, I started working on the FormEditor stuff but I hit a wall and I know it's something stupid so instead of looking at it for another hour I figured I would ask.

I committed my source to CVS so feel free to pull it.

In the lazrus/designer/abstractformeditor file I have functions in TAbstractFormEditor like

Function Filename : Stirng; virtual; abstract;

Then in TCustomFormEditor I declare a function

Function Filename : String; override;

but when I compile it tells me....

Overloaded methods which are virtual must have the same return type: TCUSTOMFORMEDITOR.FILENAME.

NO SH%@.  What's the deal?

Shane

Shane Miller wrote:

> I don't think we have any controls that fill your needs at this time.
> I remember there was a GTK grid component created that we were
> thinking of using.
>
> Does anyone remember the site for that?

I'm not positive but it might have been gtkSheet.

http://magnet.fsu.edu/~feiguin/gtk/