[lazarus] CustomFormEditor

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Sat Nov 18 22:54:43 EST 2000

OK, I added more code for the customformeditor.  I added some code in customformeditor.pp for the class TComponentInterface.  The problem is I don't know what the hell I am doing when it comes to getting typeinfo and calling GetPropInfo or stuff like that.

Can anyone help me?  The TComponentInterface has functions like GetPropvaluebyname but I'm not sure how to go about doing that.

Any help?

Thanks
Shane

>>> SMiller1 at stvgb.org 11/18/00 07:05PM >>>
I didn't have

{$H+}

in the abstractformeditor definition file so one was sending an ansistring.....

Shane

>>> SMiller1 at stvgb.org 11/18/00 06:10PM >>>
OK, I started working on the FormEditor stuff but I hit a wall and I know it's something stupid so instead of looking at it for another hour I figured I would ask.

I committed my source to CVS so feel free to pull it.

In the lazrus/designer/abstractformeditor file I have functions in TAbstractFormEditor like

Function Filename : Stirng; virtual; abstract;

Then in TCustomFormEditor I declare a function

Function Filename : String; override;

but when I compile it tells me....

Overloaded methods which are virtual must have the same return type: TCUSTOMFORMEDITOR.FILENAME.

NO SH%@.  What's the deal?

Shane

Shane Miller wrote:

> I don't think we have any controls that fill your needs at this time.
> I remember there was a GTK grid component created that we were
> thinking of using.
>
> Does anyone remember the site for that?

I'm not positive but it might have been gtkSheet.

http://magnet.fsu.edu/~feiguin/gtk/