AW: AW: AW: [lazarus] Object Inspector

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Mon Nov 20 16:08:14 EST 2000

Can you give me a general description of the classes you plan on using and their layout.  I am createing a page for these so we can better discuss them.
Put it in a text file and attach it.

thanks
Shane

>>> nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de 11/20/00 12:13PM >>>
>Second:  I was thinking that the Set/Get methods for the
>TComponentInterface would be used by the Object Inspector and the FormEditor.

>When someone changed something in the OI they could then
>call the Set method for the TICOmponentInterface and
>it would change it.  Otherwise how does the FormEditor
>know what changed?

Delphis FormDesigner don't know what has changed and still works. All values
are read just in time via RTTI.
There is a reason for this:
If a property is changed, some other properties can change too. How will the
TComponentInterface ever know, if not by reading all from the RTTI?
What value changes the FormEditor needs to know?

>Where would the OI store what was changed?
>It would need to set the new value to the property wouldn't it?

It "stores" the values simply via the RTTI. For integer values this is a
simple SetOrdValue. In fact, it changes the real value of the running form.

Mattias