[lazarus] CVS Changes

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Thu Oct 12 11:26:45 EDT 2000

This CONTROL.LEFT error has existed for quite some time.  I had mentioned it quite some time ago but haven't been able to look at it to determine where it gets messed up.

This causes quite a few problems.  One of them is the problem when grabbing and moving controls.  This needs to be looked into and I would love it if someone would volunteer to get to the bottom of this error...

Shane

>>> marc at lazarus.dommelstein.net 10/09/00 05:52PM >>>
Hi, after all I found some time to grab my keyboard and
add some changes:

  * fixed some selection code
     Original code worked in delphi but didn't with FPC. It seems that
     private member vars are public in descenant objects.

    IE: with MyObjectDerivedFromTControl do Left := FLeft
    doesnt do anything since TControl has a private FLeft so this
    example is referring to TControl.FLeft and not your FLeft

  + Added selection sample
     To show whats going on. I really don't get it. Somehow
     out TControl.Left property gets messed up. (look at the debug
     output)

    BTW, don't play to long with this sample, It triggers an
    resource bug consuming loads of resources and memory. A
    few minutes of clicking and dragging result in a swapping
    machine, where with luck you have an open console and manage
    to enter killall selection :(

Marc