AW: [lazarus] LFM Files

Robert Scott Horning roberth at ise-tlx.com
Thu Oct 12 15:55:38 EDT 2000

Sebastian Günther wrote:

> Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> >
> > I am glad to hear that LFM = DFM, since the format is simple and clear.
>
> Not really, it's a big mess in fact, and might cause a lot of troubles
> with future platforms (especially 64 bit OSses). I personally recommend
> to use XML streaming instead, and I already started it, but it's not
> finished yet.

I'm curious in how the DFM/LFM format is incompatible with a 64 bit OS (or 128 bit
OS like on a Sony Play Station, ect.)?  I guess this would be in reference to the
binary DFM file format, which I'll admit will have some problems as you mention.
What would a text-editor readable format of the DFM offer that would be counter to
an OS or CPU which is greater than 32 bits?

--
Robert Scott Horning
Trans-Lux West
E-mail:  roberth at ise-tlx.com