[lazarus] New Makefiles

Marc Weustink Marc.Weustink at cuperus.nl
Mon Sep 11 04:40:13 EDT 2000

+ From: peter at freepascal.org [mailto:peter at freepascal.org]
+
+ It'll start compiling unitdep1. THen it sees it requires
+ unitdep2 which is then compiled, that one needs unitdep1,
+ but from the implementation. Then the interface of unitdep2
+ is already parsed and the used registers is set to "all
+ registers used". THen unitdep1 is compiled again which has
+ now the knowledge about unitdep2 interface section. And
+ finally the unitdep2 implementation is compiled.

That I understand, but what I don't understand is that when you compile
unitdep1 for a second time (ie, issue ppc386 unitdep1 for the second time)
it parses unitdep2 which parses unitdep1 and at that moment it decides that
unitdep 1 needs to be recompiled since unitdep2 has changed ???

When you compile it a third (and more) time, it's ok and only unitdep1 is
compiled once.

First I thought this was because I manually recompile unitdep1 but it also
happens if for instance tou use unitdep in in MyProgram.

+ If you want to fix the problems you can also compile with the
+ -Ca flag. Which sets the used registers to all always.

Ah, I'll look at that.

Marc