[lazarus] Compile under win95

Rolf P. Ungerer rolf_ungerer at gmx.de
Mon Sep 18 17:14:08 EDT 2000

Hello out there,
I just downloaded FPC V 1.0 and also LAZARUS.   After installing FPC,
which seems to be very simple, I unzipped LCL into the source-dir of
FPC, so it looks like /pp/source/lazarus with all sub-dirs. Now I tried
to compile as described in the HowTo, namely starting MAKE in the
directory LAZARUS. All I get is a lot of errors, didn't find this,
didn't find that, and so on. After modifying the ppc386.cfg with a lot
of -Fu and -Fi statements I ended up with the following bug
Back in extctrls.pp
400 39414/57024 Kb Free
Writing .\units\extctrls.ppw
Compilation aborted extctrls.pp:62
Runtime error 216 at 0x004671A4
  0x004671A4
  0x0046F8A5
  0x0046EBD7
  0x00469C9C
  0x0046A0CF
  0x0046A45D
  0x0046BAC4
  0x00401022
  0x00403671
  0x0043E0BC

make.exe[1]: *** [allunits.exe] Error 216
make.exe[1]: Leaving directory `c:/pp/source/lazarus/lcl'
make.exe: *** [lcl_all] Error 2

I know, that this are bugs of a beginner, but I really like to get this
to work. It's to simple, to buy Delphi...
So do I get any help out there ??? What should I configure and how !