AW: [lazarus] object inspector and other things....

Mattias Gaertner Mattias.Gaertner at ngi.de
Thu Sep 28 10:17:40 EDT 2000

>We are interested in what your guys/gals need to get started developing the
LCL for Lazarus or helping >in the development of Lazarus.  What are the
issues?

I want to help especially in developing the IDE.

But I am missing documentation.
For example: Every Unit should begin with a short explanation about its
purpose, the classes, the current features and the planned features.

And I am missing a conceptual web page. We all know the goal: RAD like Delphi
but GPL. But I have no idea for example of HOW lazarus will implement the
pluggable ide-components or some kind of package concept.

There already exists a list, about who works on which lcl component, but what
about the ide?

Now my current problem:
I want to write some units for Delphis "find-declaration",
"procedure-switching", "code-exploring" and "automatic-code-completion". So I
must know, if there already exists some plans about. A conceptual page about
planned short-cuts and plugins would be a great help.

Mattias Gaertner