[lazarus] lazarus

Chris Bruner Compulife cbruner at compulife.com
Thu Sep 28 15:58:52 EDT 2000

here are some of the problems I ran across.

I'm from the windows world, and am used to using Delphi. as such it's really
weird trying to debug this stuff with the gnu debugger. I've used DDD on
linux, but I was aiming for a windows development.  I then tried compiling
it in Delphi, thinking that FPC was a Delphi compatiable compiler, the code
produced for it would be compatible as well, and then I would be able to
debug it, and contribute no problem...(sigh, I'm soo naive).  I'm not really
sure where to go from here, I would like to contribute to a worthwhile
project, but the windows compile has a long ways to go, (maybe an outline of
how to bring the windows up to spec with linux).

I also noticed that there was a cross platform gui library released 2 days
ago, wxWindows http://wesley.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~wxxt/ which looks
to me like it might be half the work that is required already done.  I don't
want to faction this group anymore then it is, but if something like this
can cut the amount of work needed it might be worth looking into.

Chris Bruner