[lazarus] Latest 1.0.5 version of compiler

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Sun Apr 1 23:19:32 EDT 2001

Eric Lai wrote:

> but this is not a offical release of the compiler and it really
> doesn't make sense in using a not stable compiler in a even less
> stable IDE.

We don't have a choice in the matter. The 1.0.4 release of the compiler
has some bugs and missing features that were not made available until
the 1.0.5 version. These are items required to build the standard
features into the IDE.

As to stability, the 1.0.5 is a stable version of the compiler. The
reason they aren't actually making say 1.0.6 release is because the are
moving onto the 1.1/1.2 level of the compiler which has some significant
rewrites and processes.

Granted the IDE is not yet very stable but if we were not using 1.0.5 it
wouldn't even be possible.  :-)

As soon as the 1.1 or 1.2 (I'm not sure which it will be) is stable and
released we will be using that for development.