[lazarus] Novice: Quations about Lazarus

FoodTechnologist Vasily.Volchenko at mstu.edu.ru
Tue Apr 3 02:12:23 EDT 2001

>         1- What librarys I need to run the Lazarus's IDE?

You need (as I know) only standard C libraries (you system must have it) and
gdk/gtk+ libraries (as I remember, you need gtk+-devel). Course, you need
freepascal to compile lazarus, but it is not a library.

>         2- Where I get that libs?

I think, your linux distribution must have them :-)

>         3- Where I put this libs?

>         4- What is the best Linux Distribuition for use with Lazarus?

I think, it must work with many linux distributions, which are modern enough. I
have no problems with RH6.2. I don't know about Mandrake.

>         5- I have make the full install of Linux Mandrake 7.2, and Lazarus
> show errors in many files on GTK libs, this is a BUG?

There are many bugs in Lazarus. This seems to be OK. Just ignore it.

>         6- I have install FPC 1.05 this works fine, but Lazarus IDE don't
> active the RUN button, and I can't compile nothing, what is wrong?

Compile must work, but you should configure compiler parameters. Besides, you
must provide access to all fpc units (and lazarus too).

>         8- I want use Lazarus! can any help me?

Now ide is more stable and even can be usefull for making simple forms. It does
not support events, so you must make them directly (may be in create
constructor, as you wish).
Besides, IDE has many bugs. So, temporary you may use my fd2lcl (see
http://www.ussr.to/Russia/vvi/fd2lcleng.html). It does not support resource and
it references to fdesign, which is quite stable. It does support events. But
all these supports are quite temporary. They were usefull enough when IDE was
only good for screenshots.