[lazarus] dfm2lfm

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Apr 11 07:08:34 EDT 2001

On 2001.04.11 10:48:52 +0200 FoodTechnologist wrote:
> > Is there a tool that converts dfm files into lfm files ?
>
> As far as I know, this tool is Delphi itself. Delphi 5 can save dfms
> either as something internal, either (option 'text dfm') as text, which
> might be compartible with lfm format. I can't say exactly.

That's right. Delphi can save dfm as text and binary.
The lfm files are compatible to text dfm.
The dfm binary format is used internally by the fcl and the lcl.
The lazarus lrs files are simply binary form data (=binary dfm) turned into
lazarus resource format.

So, you can use dfm files. But of course the LCL still lacks some
components of the VCL.
The Lazarus IDE will eventually support the automatic conversion of delphi
units, forms and projects. (dfm2lfm, change uses clause, add initialization
include)

Mattias