[lazarus] Need Help Installing/Launching Lazarus

Greg Kagel gregux at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 13 17:34:26 EDT 2001

"Michael A. Hess" wrote:

> Greg Kagel wrote:
> >
> > I've run into a problem even getting Lazarus to launch.  AFAICT, I
> > followed the installation instructions correctly, but nightly builds
> > over the last three days have all crashed on launch.
>
> Hmmm. I was playing with yesterdays build and I just tried last nights
> build and it works fine on my machine so I believe you assumption that
> it is something with your setup is correct.
>
> Did you install anything else in the last several days? What version of
> GTK+ are you using? Did you install this over an old version? I don't
> know if it can effect it or not but delete the .XML files that are
> generated.

Currently have Gtk+ 1.2.7 installed, as well as the devel libs.

The only Lazarus builds I've tried have been April 11, 12, and 13.  All
have segfaulted exactly the same. I can't read the dump file well enough
to find the problem, so I'm hoping somebody in R&D (:)) might clue me
in.

Maybe better-detailed installation instructions, something that covers
even the trivial stuff, might help.  I'm sure it's a minor problem, and
they're the hardest to track down.

Greg Kagel
gregux at mindspring.com