[lazarus] Nightly builds of Win32 binary now available.

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Thu Apr 19 10:26:47 EDT 2001

Greetings,

Yes folks I have finally gotten around to setting up everything for
nightly builds of the Win32 binary. Better than that it is available in
2 variaties. Both of these files will be available each night after
4:15AM EST.

1. The first is a regular .zip file

   This one contains the .exe and all of the unit files. It is designed
   to be unzipped into the c:\pp directory. If you have FPC in something
   other than c:\pp then place it there. You can also place it in it's
   own directory if you wish but then you need to edit the ppc386.cfg
   file to indicate where FPC can find the required unit files.

2. The second version is an actual Windows Installation program

   This program is a regular installation program that you can use to
   install the Lazarus IDE and uninstall it (why would you do that :-).
   The installation program is also designed with 5 different languages
   to help you in the installation process. As with the .Zip version
   above this defaults to install it into the c:\pp directory. The same
   conditions to the location of installation applies to this as it
   does the .zip version. This installation is a little bigger than the
   .zip file because it also contains the GTK+ dll's required to run
   the program. It installs these into the /Windows/System directory.
   You of course have the choice as to wheither you actually want to
   install those files.

So where are they you ask?

The Zip version is

  ftp://lazarus.freepascal.org/lazarus/lazarusw32.zip

The Installer version is

  ftp://lazarus.freepascal.org/lazarus/lazarus_ide_installer.exe

Note:
  While the installation script was straight forward I would appreciate
  someone testing it out on a system that wasn't my build system and
  let me know if they incounter any problems or missing files.