[lazarus] IDE

Jarto Tarpio jarto at starsoft.fi
Tue Dec 11 05:58:45 EST 2001

I've been playing around with the IDE a bit. Here are some thoughts.

1. It's a bit confusing that there are save-menus in both File- and
Project-menus + two save buttons. Delphi only has save, save as
and save project as + save and save all -buttons. Is there a reason
why we need more than those?

2. Save all on a new project asks to save the unit twice.

3. I didn't manage to set any events in the Object Inspector. Not
even after I manually wrote a Button1Click-procedure. I guess it
doesn't support events yet?

4. I love using the shift-ctrl-arrowup- shortcut in Delphi to move
between the procedure declaration and actual code. I noticed that
class completion isn't done yet either. (Or then it's some other
combination than shift-ctrl-c)

All said and done, I'd prefer working on these as they would make
the IDE really useful. I could also write a "Find declaration" as I use
that in Delphi a lot.

/jarto