[lazarus] Find and replace history

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Dec 13 10:05:48 EST 2001

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001 12:11:39 +0200
"Jarto Tarpio" <jarto at starsoft.fi> wrote:

> When I open Find for the first time, the uniteditor does a
> FindReplaceDlg.FindText := whatever but this doesn't change
> anything in the ComboBox.

That's right. It's a bug in TComboBox. You can only set text, that is already in the list. (I have added a little workaround SetComboBoxText).

> TComboBox never gets focus.

Yes, but something of the combobox gets the focus. After pressing tab once the combobox has focus.

> In other words: You have to click on the find-line Every Single Time
> you want to search for something. Needless to say that most of us
> are used to ctrl-F + happy typing + enter. So think twice before
> adding these diffs before TComboBox is fixed.

There is another serious bug: When the list of the TCombobox gots the focus and you press Return, the find dialog is hidden, but the list stays. Shane has implemented the TCombobox, so perhaps he knows why. I think, this should be fixed, before we use it.

I added your history list to the editoroptions instead of the environment options.

Mattias