[lazarus] Lazarus with recent 1.0.5 snapshots + FreeBSD

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Dec 14 18:29:25 EST 2001

> + - Three "overrides" added in gtkwinapih.inc lines 83 and 111,
> +   (  + one I can't directly remember)
> + - Make sure I cleaned by hand now and then. The main Lazarus
> +    dir, designer/ debugger/ and lcl/units aren't cleaned by
> +    the toplevel "make clean"
>
> hmm..... AFAIK all dirs where files are created by make, they are cleaned.
> Are you sure there weren't some files left from a manual (non make) build ?

Yes. And cleanall still doesn't  clean  lcl/units

> + General changes for 1.1
> + - A lot of {$ifdef Linux} clauses which will fail on non
> +   linux *nix systems
> +   But it's best to wait until until 1.0.6 is released for that.
>
> it is already noticed that a lot of the Linux code moved to Unix. We have to
> change that some time.

Depends on if you have a global include file;

if you have a global includefile, just put

{$ifdef linux}
 {$define Unix}
{$endif}

in the global includefile, and change all other ifdefs to {$ifdef Unix}

> +
> + FreeBSD specific things:
> + - Change {$linklib <x>} directives for <x>=glib,gdk and gtk
> +   to glib12, gdk12 and gtk12
>
> ? where ?

Good point. Anyway, Peter is right, this is a FPC thing, more than a Lazarus
thing. Will move it to core.

Some system with aliases (e.g.
-F<someletter>gtk=gtk12,glib=glib12,gdk=gdk12' would be a solution, another
would be

Another less intrusive (but less powerfull) would be to have yet another
-Fl'ish commando that prepends to the searched dir list instead of appends.

> + - Make sure /usr/local/lib is searched. (which is where all
> +   non base libs are)
>
> YM for building Lazarus or using Lazarus ?

It should be taken care off in the compiler

> + After that everything seems to work fine directly in X, but
> + remote X was not really workable.
>
> Slow ?

Slow, and dragging and dropping barely worked.