[lazarus] hello lazarus team

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Dec 15 03:52:57 EST 2001

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001 20:46:43 -0500
nova812 <sentinel805 at netscape.net> wrote:

> My name is Ron.  I'm excited about this project and want to help.  My
> pascal skills need development however.  So I've decided that perhaps I
> can help by writing some documentation/tutorials.  That's exactly what I
> have started doing.  If someone else has started writing tutorials
> please let me know so that I don't duplicate your efforts.  I plan to
> release one pascal lesson weekly (on Mondays) until subject matter
> covers pascal objects and some basic GTK programming with pascal.  Also
> I'm writing with the new Linux user in mind.  If possible, as I publish,
> I would really appreciate constructive criticism.  Thank you for you
> efforts and hopefully for letting me be a part of your team.

Great!
I'm waiting for such a person for many months. Seems to be xmas is near.

There is already a lot of help material for freepascal. See www.freepascal.org and lookout for the newest version. They have updated many documents in the last few weeks.

The missing part is of course the help system (I prefer an online help system) and the docs for the LCL and the IDE. I think the Delphi help is a good example. (Kylix help is a bad one).

Has anyone an idea how the online help system should work?
html, remote control the default browser, devhelp, own help system ...?

Mattias