[lazarus] docs/tutorials

Keith Bowes keith_bowes at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 17 04:37:57 EST 2001

> Everyone of the items you have indicated is covered in the current
> documentation

... with the exceptions of OOP and Sockets.  The coverage on those items are
basically just references for those with previous working knowledge of those
concepts.

Maybe small complementary articles explaining the rudiments of those
concepts would be better than a full-fledged tutorial that would take longer
to write.

> I am also looking at the possiblity of moving the current documentation
> method from PasDoc to fpDoc. PasDoc as a tool seems to have stopped
> development. fpDoc is a tool written primarily for FreePascal in the
> first place.

Note that I'm neither for nor against either tool, but I think PasDoc has
the advantages of being well-documented, portable and available in binary
form.  By contrast, I found little information on fpDoc and I couldn't
compile it on Windows.