[lazarus] Pascal Editor!

Sebastian Günther sguenther at gmx.de
Thu Feb 1 06:27:00 EST 2001

Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> The reason for using synedit is, that is has most of the features lazarus
> needs and it seems to be fast to me. But I did not test GTKShEdit, so
> please tell me about its features.

GTKShEdit uses the SHEdit units (part of FCL), which itself contain only
an editor core; GTKShEdit is just an editor widget/component based on
SHEdit. I wrote it for testing SHEdit, as SHEdit was originally used for
another project which used more complicated libraries.
Although it's extremely fast, SHEdit still has some known bugs; and
finally, it will be replaced by a much more powerful library in the
future. (i.e. I have stopped further development of the old SHEdit
units)

- Sebastian