[lazarus] GetActiveWindow

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Wed Feb 7 10:27:47 EST 2001

Shane Miller wrote:

> How do you get the active window in GTK?

I'm stumped. I can't find anything either.

The gtk_widget_top_level just finds the top parent window that owns the
specific widget you are dealing with.

It appears that the following:

   gdk_window_get_toplevel
   gdk_window_get_toplevels

Might be somewhat close to what is needed but the documentation is poor
for these routines and I don't think that they even do what is needed.

I think the problem is that it is dealing with the Window Manager as
well.

You might have to ask this one on one of the GTK or Gnome lists.