[lazarus] GetActiveWindow

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Thu Feb 8 09:14:40 EST 2001

A trick I was doing was hiding the form and then showing the form.  That would bring it to the front.
Shane

Vincent Snijders wrote:

> When you do ask then on one of those lists, please ask them how you do
> something like a bringtofront,   i.e. put your application topmost of
> all. It stumped me about a year ago.

This one I know is an almost no go. The order and display of application
windows is strickly a matter for the WM. Since this is WM dependent and
it is unknown what WM the user is using I don't think there is an easy
way for this to be done. It would require a standardization of all WM
which I think is the problem.

Unless someone else knows something to the contrary I don't think this
will ever be possible. ( according to what I have read )