[lazarus] New problem compiling

Marc Weustink marc at dommelstein.net
Sat Feb 17 13:31:49 EST 2001

At 10:08 17-02-01 +0000, Curtis White wrote:

>Yes, it sure is. My paths in ppc386.cfg are:
>
>-Fu/opt/fpc/rtl/linux
>-Fu/opt/fpc/rtl
>-Fu/opt/fpc/rtl/objpas
>-Fu/opt/fpc/fcl/linux
>-Fu/opt/fpc/fcl/shedit
>-Fu/opt/fpc/packages/gtk
>-Fu/opt/fpc/lazarus/lcl/units
>-Fu/opt/fpc/lazarus/lcl/include
>-Fu/opt/fpc/lazarus/lcl/interfaces/gtk
>
>I even have some extras in there :-)  But /opt/fpc/packages/gtk is in
>there, so it should be able to see the gtk units.

Yep

> > Check you ppc386
> >

>I did and still don't understand why. I also checked my FPCDIR
>environment variable and it is set correctly:
>
>export FPCDIR=/opt/fpc

Ah, unset this.

The makefiles are made for release versions of the compiler, setting FPCDIR
might cause a rebuild of the fpcunits, something that we don't want.
You don't need to set FPCDIR to build lazarus (I'm not sure if you need it
to build the compiler)
Let me know if it worked.

>The only thing I can think of is that possibly Make is changing my paths
>or something. It was working before the latest changes to the Makefiles.

I added some pieces to create packages and I fized a bug with the
unittargetdir. As far as I can see, they dont affect the unitdirs (where to
find units)

Marc