[lazarus] New problem compiling

Marc Weustink marc at dommelstein.net
Sat Feb 17 14:33:24 EST 2001

At 10:41 17-02-01 +0000, Curtis White wrote:
>I found the problem. The following code is missing from the FPCDIR
>Settings section of the lcl makefile. If I add this in, it works just
>fine.
>
>ifndef PACKAGESDIR
>PACKAGESDIR=$(FPCDIR)/packages
>endif

You're right, they are gone. It stil doesn't make sense why the compiler
needs it. If you have an installed compiler, you don't have a FPCDIR so
.... you can't set it.

Maybe you should install the compiler and point the ppc386.cfg to the
installed units and not to a dir with sources.
You only get these kind of errors (while building lazarus) if the compiler
for some reason wants to recompile a fpc unit. This recompilation only
occours when both sources and ppus are found.
The way makefiules are setup now is based upon a release compiler (wo
sources). So fpc units/packages never ever should be recompiled by building
lazarus.
This also count for the other dirs.

>This should be causing problems for everyone who is using the makefiles
>from CVS unless they have defined the PACKAGESDIR environment variable
>for some reason. Apparenly, I am the only one who has tried so far :-)

Nope

Marc