AW: [lazarus] New tests of the IDE

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Feb 19 03:49:15 EST 2001

A lot of question. I think we need a Delphi oracle ...
questions left over: 7, 10, 13, 14, 17 at the end of this mail.

> 1. The view Units and Forms Dialogs are not working correctly (it is only
> one unit shown). (the view Forms can not be executed).
> 2. Open Project menuitem is not working.
> 8. The file-close menuitem only closes the unit not the corresponding
> form.
> 12. If I select new project only units are generated, not the
> corresponding form and the generated units are different in the code to
> the units which are generated over the menu (File-new Form).
> 16. The CTRL-Space function isn't working if I say open project over the
> project menu.

There is a new project.pp, so we have finally a valid project format. But
the rest of IDE is still using the old prototype code. You can put this to
the category  "not implemented yet". I think it can be done in a few days.

> 3. If I drop non visible controls, like timers, on the form in the
> formeditor I get a SEGFault.
> 4. The grabber in the formeditor are not set correctly if you change e.g.
> between a button and the form. You can not use the grabbers for resizing
> the controls.

The component selection, moving and resizing code will be totally replaced.
The gtk-interface is still not ready for designing. Hopefully this will be
fixed in the next few weeks.

> 5. The mousepointer changes to a down arrow if I am in the object
> inspector.

Bug fixed. Will soon be available.

> 6. The objectinspector is to large at programmstart. A bit of it is
> hidden by the maindialog.

I will add object inspector options.

> 9. A replace-text-dialog is missing for the editor.

I have implemented it yesterday. Will soon be ...

> 11. It is now impossible to mark lines or words with the mouse, but
> dbl-click marking of one word is working.

I will check this ...

> 15. One time I had that in the editor the cursor was shown at a fixed
> position but I could write at any place.

I got this error too. But to track it down I need a reproducable error.

> 7. Speedbutton for changing between Form and Unit is not working
> correctly.
> 10. Can someone remove the executable bits from the lazarus.dci in the
> CVS?
> 13. ListBox: It would be nice if it is possible to scroll with the
> cursorkeys through the list and select the wanted item with the spacebar.
> 14. What is with the tooltips, are they disabled again?
> 17. If I close Lazarus I get the following error:
>
> Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkmain.c: line 534 (gtk_main_quit): assertion
> `main_loops
>  != NULL' failed.
> An unhandled exception occurred at 0x08104CBC :
> Access violation
>   0x08104CBC
>   0x0806278C  THEFONTSINFOMANAGER__RELEASEFONTSINFO,  line 517 of
> syntextdrawer.
> pp
>   0x08062C52  THEFONTSTOCK__RELEASEFONTSINFO,  line 735 of
> syntextdrawer.pp
>   0x080629E9  THEFONTSTOCK__DESTROY,  line 631 of syntextdrawer.pp
>   0x08104CBF
>   0x08062EEC  THETEXTDRAWER__DESTROY,  line 836 of syntextdrawer.pp
>   0x08104CBF
>   0x0806B8A9  TCUSTOMSYNEDIT__DESTROY,  line 1123 of synedit.pp
>   0x080F5E2B
>   0x080F5DD7

Mattias