[lazarus] TImage: first trying result

FoodTechnologist Vasily.Volchenko at mstu.edu.ru
Sat Feb 24 03:44:06 EST 2001

I've found that trying to load BMP file is a good idea. I don't know yet how
to use your TPixmap/TBitmap, but windows .bmp with 24bpp can be read almost
successfully.
There are some problems with colors, no pallete support, but basic code is
completed.
Besides, I've found that TCanvas.Pixels property doesn't work. I had to use
line method, it is too slow. I think, this bug will be fixed. So, TODO:
1) Add pallete support -> ability to load 2/4/8 bpp files
2) Correct color support for 24bpp (it is a big problem for linux even through
wine and GIMP)
3) Correct TPixmap support.

Feel free to fix anything.
I'll place sources of TImage components in some minutes. Then I'll send you
the url.