[lazarus] To see what I mean about the traffic

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Tue Feb 27 09:04:15 EST 2001

Peter Vreman wrote:

> In the tallbacks there were some negative things about lazarus. Most
> were from commercial developpers that can afford to buy kylix and have
> to deal with time to market.

Yeah I read those too. Kinda of discouraging. Yeah well see them squawk
when they are asked to port their product to OS/2 or FreeBSD or Solaris,
etc.

> And there was also some confusing that lazarus was started after kylix
> was announced. Maybe it's better next time to include a small line
> like: lazarus has been founded in spring 1999. then it's clear that it
> was started before kylix was announced for the first time.

I was going to defend it but then saw that several other people came up
to the plate and defended our start date. However, I will most definitly
mention when it started next time.