[lazarus] Circle dependencies in the lcl

Marc Weustink marc at dommelstein.net
Mon Jan 15 16:45:08 EST 2001

At 19:15 15-01-01 +0100, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Yes, I know the problem -sigh-.

[combining units]

Point is if you combine units, you in fact hide the problem and you make
indirect more references (IMO dirtier code). If you split things up for
instance you cant poke in other objects private vars, which can if you put
all together. In that case I think a few xrefs are ok.

>I will test Michael H.'s proposal and search for more circles.
>

> > Believe me, when I tried to create the Makefiles, I tried to first
> > compile the Interface, after that the LCL (since the LCL is interface
> > indipendent, only a binary interface should satisfy). There were that
> > many circular references that I gave up.
>
>I believe you. Although I do not understand why a unit like gtkint which I
>would expect to be at the bottom of the hierachy is one of the topmost.

I'm not to happy with that either, I still plan to do some cleanup in the
far future.

For now: For callbacks it has to know about TWinControl, for GTKObject has
to know about various controls to get data from etc.

Marc