[lazarus] lcl

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Mon Jun 11 10:39:52 EDT 2001

Ronan van Riet wrote:

> As a matter of interest how up-to-date are FCL and LCL component lists
> (http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/status.php3?&language=english) ?

It is and it isn't.

It is fairly up todate for those components listed. However, this list
of required components was made a long time ago based on the existing
list of components found in Delphi. The problem is that the LCL diverges
somewhat so that there are other components and classes required that
aren't found in Delphi but are in the LCL. What input I do get is from
the LCL team but not the FCL team and I haven't looked at the FCL for a
long time to determine what components do and do not exist there.

To get a better idea of what components (classes) do exist for the LCL
you should look at the documentation which is built nightly. The
documentation isn't very complete as far as definitions go but it does
give the whole layout of the existing classes and their relationships.

     http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/lcl_doc/allclass.html