[lazarus] TImage

Marc Weustink Marc.Weustink at cuperus.nl
Fri Mar 9 10:27:53 EST 2001

+ From: Mattias Gaertner [mailto:nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de]
+
+ TGraphic and TPicture is ok. But the TBitmap and TPixmap need
+ some work. TBitmap needs LoadFromStream and SaveToStream code.
+ My idea is to read and write window bitmaps, but to work with
+ an interface dependent format in memory. For the gtk the
+ working/in memory format should be GDKPixmap.
+ Thus we need two procedures to convert bitmaps to GDKPixmap and back.
+
+ What do you think?

IMO we should not work with platform dependent bitmaps. There should be no
platform code in the LCL. (Where it is not it is only for temporary usage).

Why not with the bitmapbits only with a header with some info. (I know this
looks like a bitmap or a pixmap structure). In any case we have to convert
the info from and to a (Win)Bitmap or a (X)Pixmap (or a (X)Image).

I didn't follow the recent developments on the Image, but as far as I can
remember, Delphi doesn't store the actual bitmap, so why do we ?

Marc