[lazarus] Lazarus and Gnome

Jens Arm JArm at Webasto.de
Tue Mar 13 05:00:58 EST 2001

Am 3/13/01, 10:38:13 AM, schrieb "Marc Weustink" <Marc.Weustink at cuperus.nl>
zum Thema RE: [lazarus] Lazarus and Gnome:

> From: Jens Arm [mailto:JArm at Webasto.de]

> + Hi
> + Yesterday I switched at home to the GNOME-Desktop but
> + Lazarus don't work with GNOME.
> + Lazarus starts, but if I try to resize a window the
> + whole desktop freezes only a CTRL-ALT-Backspace helps.
> + Does anyone of you knows a solution for the GNOME-problem
> + or has some hints how to use Lazarus with GNOME ???????

> I'm using gnome myself and it sometimes freezes (don't know why), killing
> the focussed app mostly helps.

I use Gnome from the SuSE 7.1 which do you use?
The WM I use is I think sawfish.

Which is the recommended WM to use with GNOME?

Does only Lazarus freeze or the whole Gnome?

> Don't know if it is a problem of the lazarus IDE, the LCL or gnome
itself.