[lazarus] Bugs in lazarus

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Mar 29 08:34:13 EST 2001

On 2001.03.29 10:14:48 +0200 FoodTechnologist wrote:
> There are (or were 4 days ago) some bugs in Lazarus
> 1. Ide failed to save form with unit. Error was in line 820
> (source[Position], access violation), function ReadRawNextPascalAtom. It
> can be temporary (or even at all) corrected by closing the body of
> function in try...except end 'brackets'. Then IDE saved files and even
> compiled lfm to lrs fine, so forms could be used. I trink, it may be
> reasonable to enclose most of methods in try-except end, as some of them
> are not stable.
> So, if one feature fails, others will still work. I can try to do it,
> but I can't be up-to-date.

If there were try..excepts you would not found the bug and reported it and
I would not fixed it. But without them, I fixed it. Therefore I will not
add try..excepts to code without a raise.

> 2. IDE produce good template for source (lpr)(only disadvantage is
> absence Application.CreateForm). But after second form loading they are
> lost (zero size). May be, it'll be reasonable to open source in editor
> juxt after creating it.

Bugs fixed.
I think, the program source should be hidden as in Delphi. This should
prevent programmers to add code to the program instead of to the units.
Remember: Units are reusable, Programs not. But Lazarus will fully support
program files. In fact, you can simply open an existing program file and
Lazarus automatically recognices if it is a program and creates the lazarus
project.

Note:
I'm happy, that you think the IDE created forms are usable. But I want to
make sure, that nobody misunderstand usable as "go and create your
applications". There are still bugs and a lot of missing basic features.
Perhaps an IDE page should be added to the website which lists existing and
missing features.

Mattias