[lazarus] New Bug Entered

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Nov 21 04:12:53 EST 2001

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001 02:08:00 -0500
mhess at miraclec.com wrote:

> Title: Project source syntax highlighting
>
> Entered by: Zsolt
>
> If I see the project source, the source is not colored.

Hmm, I can't find any problem.

There is currently only pascal syntax highlighting for all files with the syntax extension in the editor options and only if 'use syntax highlight' is activated.

The source editor already supports different highlighting. The only missing thing is a good color editor for all non pascal languages. Here is a list, what I want:

- There should be a default language (of course pascal) and all other languages should take that as a template. For example: If the color for python keywords is set to default, than it will have the color of the pascal keywords. Thus, if you set in pascal keywords to red, than all keywords of all languages would be red (except those not set to default).
- syntax elements of a language A that has no correspondence in pascal should be mapped.
  For example: 'tag' in xml should be mapped to keyword in pascal.
  This mapping will be fixed into the code, and can not be changed. Perhaps later.
- There should be two types of setting the color scheme:
  + When default color scheme is changed (e.g. to twilight), than all languages
    should switch to twilight. (= switching the color scheme for pascal)
  + It should also be possible to change the color scheme only for one language.

Comments!

Mattias