[lazarus] native Win32 Interface BugFix, maybe

Andrew Johnson aj_genius at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 31 08:20:53 EDT 2002

On Sat, 31 Aug 2002 13:51:17 +0200
"Markus Lüdin" <markus at luedin.com> wrote:

>Maybe it looks small because probably the examples were designed with the
>gtk widgets and maybe they are different sized than the win32 ones?

While I haven't had a chance too test the new code, I am farely certain you
are right. In GTK Form Width and Height represent  a Forms modifiable Size,
that is it is Width x Height not counting Window Borders/TitleBar, this is
sort of like what the ClientArea for Forms is on Windows. On Windows Width x
Height represent the size including Window Borders/Titlebars. As a Result of
this a Form of 100x100 in GTK is something like a form of 115x125 on
Windows. so any form desginged with GTK sizes in mind, will look just a
little too small under windows. The best way to take care of this is to make
ClientWidth/ClientHeight work properly, and use these values instead... This
is also not entirely correct, but a lot of thought will need to be put into
how to make values match as closely as possible between the two interfaces,
once the Win32 interface is more complete.

Andew