SV: [lazarus] Working with Sockets

Anders Jensen outdoors at tiscali.no
Mon Dec 9 15:58:11 EST 2002

What I really would love was a component to put on my Lazarus Component-palette, or maybe two, one TsimpleClientSocket and one TsimpleServerSocket, that was very simple to use, with simple procedures/functions like:
TsimpleClientSocket.setport(string or int or...);
TsimpleClientSocket.setaddr(string);
TsimpleClientSocket.Connect;
TsimpleClientSocket.DisConnect;
TsimpleClientSocket.sendstring(or file);
TsimpleClientSocket.OnRecivestring(or file);

and for server, similar, and simple procedures and functions...

Unfortunatly I am not able to write such components myself, because of lacking knowledge.. I have been trying to figure it out for some weeks now, but my limited skills just stops it all, but still reading all relevant stuff I does come over, but so far, I`m still stupid...

AJ