SV: [lazarus] Working with Sockets

matooo at email.si matooo at email.si
Thu Dec 12 07:23:34 EST 2002

Citat Anders Jensen <outdoors at tiscali.no>:

> What I really would love was a component to put on my Lazarus
> Component-palette, or maybe two, one TsimpleClientSocket and one
> TsimpleServerSocket, that was very simple to use, with simple
> procedures/functions like:
> TsimpleClientSocket.setport(string or int or...);
> TsimpleClientSocket.setaddr(string);
> TsimpleClientSocket.Connect;
> TsimpleClientSocket.DisConnect;
> TsimpleClientSocket.sendstring(or file);
> TsimpleClientSocket.OnRecivestring(or file);
>
> and for server, similar, and simple procedures and functions...
>
> Unfortunatly I am not able to write such components myself, because of
> lacking knowledge.. I have been trying to figure it out for some weeks
> now, but my limited skills just stops it all, but still reading all
> relevant stuff I does come over, but so far, I`m still stupid...
>
> AJ
>

> >On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 10:19, Michael.VanCanneyt at Wisa.be wrote:
> >>

> >> What is wrong with the standard 'ssockets' unit ? It works fine. It
> may be
> >> necessary to add some additional events, but that can be discussed.
> >
> >Then I misunderstood the thread.  Sorry.
> >
> >Just ignore.  I'll dig into them in a week or so and see what I can
> come
> >up with.
> >
> >-Tony
> >
> >Oh, BTW: CheckBook Tracker got slashdotted (minor) on Sunday.
> Somebody
> >posted in the comments on a QuickBooks thread that people should try
> >it...

I've got that, but as I said I'm cleaning my source code, because up until 1
week I was still working with fpc and lazarus from stone age. In friday should
be over. But since my components are heavy threaded I doubt that you'll succed
to make them part of standard palette. I don't mind that.

But still after friday (or sunday, guess it depends on my real working hours)

I will just publish them on my website.

m.