[lazarus] Maybe.... gtk2

matooo at email.si matooo at email.si
Fri Dec 13 13:20:04 EST 2002

Last question on this topic! Otherwise everything is crystal clear.

Quoting Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>:

> On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 18:26:54 +0100 (CET)
> matooo at email.si wrote:
>
> > Quoting Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>:
> >
> > > The gtk2 interface has not yet been started. The idea is, to
> inherit
> > > from
> > > the gtk1 interface and just overload
> >
> > overload or correct?
>
> overload
>
> TGtk2Object = class(TGtkObject)

Wouldn't it be simpler to retain names. Probably just some of my strange
thoughts. Almoust any gcc software that respects changes can be compiled with
--enable-gtk20?

Wouldn't it be easyer to take same logic and have gtk1 or gtk2 compile
destination, (qt, win, gtk, gtk2). Overloading objects would demand overloaded
and corrected components, while retaining would demand only to respect old
definitions with adding or correcting new ones.

I probably missed there as much as possible.

> > > any procedure that needs some
> > > adaptions. So, I think, a basic gtk2 interface can be created very
> > > fast.
> > > After that all the changes listed on www.gtk.org
> >
> > I downloaded all documents, but there's no changes specified just
> complete
> > API specification, is there maybe some document of changes to ease
> the
> > job. It wouldn't be easy to search every function and check it. So
> for
> > start it would be much nicer if some such document would exists.
> > www.gtk.org doesn't contain anything like that.
>
> Sorry, it was gnome.org:
>
> http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-changes-2-0.html
>

> > > must be checked. And I
> > > estimate, that this will take at least a full week of work.
> >
> > A bit too much to acomplish in one peace. but I think I can help at
> least
> > a bit
> >
> > Also I just finished fam implementation and basic object. Component
> will
> > be finished today. If that one is planned for lazarus I can upload it
> > somewhere otherwise it will appear on my server after I find a time to
> set
> > him up again
>
> Normally, visual components go into lazarus and non visual components
> go
> into fpc.

ok, if fpc branch needs it, I have it :-)

by the way, is CVS server down?
Logging in to :pserver:cvs at cvs.freepascal.org:2401/FPC/CVS
CVS password:
cvs [server aborted]: can't chdir(/home/cvs): No such file or directory

m.