[lazarus] mysql

Mon Dec 16 09:44:49 EST 2002

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Rainer Hamann wrote:

> I'm trying to connect to mysql on RedHat8.0, but I allways get an errormessage
> from the linker : "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmysqlclient". The library is
> called "libmysqlclient", so I changed it in mysql.pp and mysql_com.pp but the
> errormessage is the same as above.
>
> Any hints?

The 'lib' prefix is automatically added by the linker, so that is not
necessary. The problem is more likely one of the following:
- The directory with the library is not in the linker path;
  (add it with -Fl)
- The mysql-devel package is not installed on your system.
  Either install this package or make a symbolic link from
    libmysqlclient.so
   libmysqlclient.so.xx.yy
  (replace xx.yy with the actual version number of the installed library)

Michael.