[lazarus] some IDE problems and more

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Wed Dec 18 10:46:17 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 15:49, Jesus Reyes wrote:
> idecomp.pp has "CustomIDEComps" :) anyway after a
> touch and su root make clean on lazarus dir it worked
> properly, thanks again

I would NOT recommend making or running Lazarus as root.  Chown it all
to yourself and then continue from here at as yourself instead of root.
There is nothing in Lazarus that requires root access.

I know there have been many times I've locked software I was developing
in an endless loop.  I can only imagine the damage something like that
might cause as root if I was doing a filesystem operation...

-Tony