[lazarus] 1.1 compiler recommended yet?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sun Dec 29 16:26:35 EST 2002

On Sun, 29 Dec 2002 22:24:20 +0100
Florian Klaempfl <Florian.Klaempfl at gmx.de> wrote:

> Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> > On 29 Dec 2002 13:41:44 -0600
> > Tony Maro <tony at maro.net> wrote:
> >

> >>Is it recommended to update to 1.1?  I'm still on 1.0.7...
> >

> > No. 1.1. still produces a lot of panics and parsing errors for uncommon
> > code.
>
> Can you provide some examples :) ?

Yes, but I'm to lazy to report bugs for code I myself would not allow. ;)

Of course there are also some bugs, for which I didn't find simple examples.
Like the 'redefinition' hints for forward class types. You can find them in
htmllite and grids.pas.
Most of the panics were gone, if you simply call the compiler again or
compile everything, or you just fix the bug in the code.

So, for clean code, it works nice. :)

Mattias